April 6th, 2015 – Maumee, OH – Honda East Suzuki of Toledo's rider Eddie Kraft will be riding the all-new Yamaha R1 during the upcoming race season. Kraft enters the year with 21 regional championships, two National Championships and over 80 race wins. He most recently won the WERA North Central 750 Superstock and 1000 Superstock Championships in 2014, aboard a Suzuki GSX-R750.
Honda East's Sales Manager Gabe Miller stated, "When Eddie approached us about switching to the new R1, it was something we were excited to help him with. The bike is an all-new platform from Yamaha, generating plenty of excitement and we’re eager to help Eddie compete for wins on this new machine and represent all the OEM lines Honda East carries. We continually work to offer the best pricing on all our bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, generators and both OEM and aftermarket parts."
"We’re making a big jump," said Eddie. "This will be our first year on a 1000 and it will certainly be a big challenge. Working with Honda East, now in our 8th season together, has genuinely been a dream come true. We couldn’t ask for a dealership that does more for our program than they do. They’ve given us every opportunity to succeed and with our first race just a few weeks away, we’ll have the pedal to the floor to get the new Yamaha R1 ready to go.”
About Honda East: As a family owned and operated Ohio motorcycle dealer, Honda East's philosophy is to treat each customer like a family member, every visit. Our award-winning sales staff will strive to meet and exceed your expectations, whether you are purchasing a new vehicle, calling with a question, picking up a part, or just looking in our shop. Located in Northwest Ohio, Honda East is the #1 ranked dealership in both Ohio and Michigan; offering a full line of sport bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, ATVs, scooters, watercraft and snowmobiles not only by Honda, but Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Indian, Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Can-Am, Kymco, Bombardier, Polaris and Artic Cat. Honda East prides themselves on the best out the door deal, period. No games, no hassles.
Witchkraft Racing would also like to thank Pirelli Tires, Yoshimura, GoPro, Dynojet, Motul, Millennium Technologies, Moto Liberty, RS Taichi, Arai Helmets, NGK, Worldwide Bearings, Chicken Hawk Racing, Ballistic Performance Components and Motion Pro. Also Performance Cycleworx, Pit Bull, Sharkskinz, Ohlins USA, Samco, Hammer Nutrition, PopShadow Decals, Spider Grips, M.C. Designs and Andrew Swenson Designs.
For more information on Honda East, visit hondaeast.com. For information on the race team, please visit witchkraftracing.com.
When Riders Discount approached me last year regarding sponsorship, it was during a transition period for our team, leaving a complex and often-dramatic relationship I had been in. Glad to be away from the unnecessary headaches, I wasn't looking for a "replacement" partner, but we came to a nice arrangement and it worked out well for the both of us. They have always had a strong presence in the community and a great team – arguably the best in the industry.
Heading into this year, negotiations were delayed until March where we couldn't come to an agreement for the upcoming season. Unfortunately the timing was such that I had get moving with our program and other partners involved, so while I was excited to grow the relationship with Riders Discount in the upcoming season, we simply weren't able to make it work.
I have enjoyed working with Riders Discount and am very appreciative for their season of support. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross again in the future. Our road racing community is a tight-knit one.
This past weekend I did some riding of a different kind – on the ice! What a friggin' blast it was. Thanks to Bob Watson for letting me ride his KTM 450 for the day, along with Deno and Danny Butler as well. These guys railed on the ice.
I've ridden on the ice before, but never on a big bike with properly studded tires. The grip level was incredible. I was smiling from ear to ear all day. The track was laid out as a road course – and I left wishing I had brought a lap timer to gauge progress.
I can definitely see the benefit for roadracing, by riding on the ice. Having the bike moving around while in 3rd or 4th gear is a great learning tool. I'm looking forward to going back and riding again – either on Bob's bike, or getting my dad to go out and get a 450!
Also – I know updates have been slim lately regarding our plans for the upcoming season. My apologies. More news on our plans for the upcoming season will be coming soon, once everything is finalized and ready to go. I'm pretty excited to get going!
Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Merry Christmas from all of us at Witchkraft Racing! Note: Photos are from Christmas cards ...
Monday, November 3rd, 2014
Dad and I rolled into Lot G at Barber Motorsports Park around 11am on Wednesday. Chris (Broome) was already waiting ...
Monday, October 27th, 2014
From a press release issued by Honda East of Toledo:October 27, 2014 – Maumee, OH – Honda East ...
Monday, October 6th, 2014
Thank you to Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki, Pirelli, MCJ Motorsports, GoPro, Riders Discount, Dynojet, Motul, Millennium Technologies, NGK, Chicken Hawk, Moto-Liberty, RS Taichi, Shoei, Samco, Worldwide ...
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Things have been busy lately, sorry for the lack of updates. We've been working on bikes and babies. I missed out on ...
Press Releases All
Eddie Kraft To Compete On Yamaha YZF-R1 In 2015
Monday, April 6th
Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki Finishes Strong at WERA GNF
Monday, October 27th
Sponsor News All
Clean Bikes, Happy Bikes
Wednesday, September 17th
WERA ’14, Round 6&7 – Grattan (Beyond the Comfort Zone)
Thursday, August 7th
We Talkin’ About Practice?!
Tuesday, July 29th
WERA ’14, Round 4&5 – Mid-Ohio (Challenging Adversity)
Thursday, July 17th
WERA ’14, Round 3 – Pittsburgh International (Brake Check)
Friday, July 11th
WERA ’14, Round 2 – Road Atlanta (Chasing Thousands)
Wednesday, June 11th
Monday, June 2nd
WERA ’14, Round 1 – Grattan CCW (Adjustments)
Sunday, May 11th
Thursday, April 17th
Itching and Itching
Wednesday, March 12th
- Motul Oil Q and A 57 comments
- WERA '10, Round 1: Nelson Ledges (Hammer Down) 19 comments
- WERA ‘10, Round 2: Grattan Raceway (Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This) 13 comments
- AMA Mid-Ohio Recap (Thur-Sun) 12 comments
- Representing at the AMA Mid-Ohio
Team Challenge 9 comments
- MotoAmerica Superstock 600cc Race Two Results From Road Atlanta
- MotoAmerica Superbike/Superstock 1000cc Race Two Results From Road Atlanta
- FIM MotoGP World Championship Race Results From Argentina (Updated)
- MCE British Superbike Race Results From Brands Hatch
- MotoAmerica Races At Road Atlanta On Hold For Weather Delay And Track Conditions (Updated Again)
- FIM Moto2 World Championship Race Results From Argentina
- Crutchlow: F1 tactics on way to first Honda podium
- Rossi: Marquez made a mistake
- Dovizioso hails rostrum run as 'dream come true'
- Lorenzo disappointed, but Rossi 'unbelievable'
- Marquez: Rossi is still my idol
- Redding: Hard tyre may have proved better choice
- Rossi rules as Marquez crashes on penultimate lap
- Rate the 2015 Argentina MotoGP!
- Eslick wraps up Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series title in New Jersey, but not without a little drama
- Gillim claims first AMA Pro SuperSport title following epic battle with Dominguez
- Gagne continues his rise to the top by winning AMA Pro Road Racing GoPro Daytona SportBike championship
- Hayes adds to his legendary status with fourth AMA Pro Road Racing SuperBike title
- FansChoice.tv Tune-In Alert: Live streaming of today's AMA Pro Road Racing Awards Banquet at New Jersey Motorsports Park
- All's wheel that ends wheel: Hayes closes out 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing season with another victory in New Jersey