From a press release issued by Honda East of Toledo:
October 27, 2014 – Maumee, OH – Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki rider Eddie Kraft finished with two second place finishes during the Pirelli/WERA Sportsman Series National Championships, in both the 750 Superstock and 750 Superbike winner-take-all races, during the 42nd WERA Grand National Finals held at Barber Motorsports Park.
Kraft led three of four races entered at one point, including the 1000 Superstock race; ultimately finishing 6th, aboard his Pirelli-shod, MCJ-Motorsports sponsored Suzuki GSX-R750's. Prior to the weekend, the Michigan-based rider won the WERA North Central 750 Superstock and 1000 Superstock class championships.
“I’m not sure second place is much to brag about”, joked Eddie. “We love coming to this event though, as it brings the best competition from all over the country to race head to head at the end of the season. We kept plugging away all week and went faster while running up front – something everyone on the team was proud of.”
Kraft further states, “After running similar times as the leaders in the 1000 Superstock race, we were losing ground over the course of the race to the bigger bikes, so we made a gamble heading into the Formula 1 race, but it didn’t work out as well as we’d hoped. Overall though, we had a solid event and great season – and I’m looking forward to coming back next year to have a shot at further improvement. Thank you to my dad and Dave Moss for their help all weekend long – both Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki’s were on rails. Joe has sacrificed his own riding much of this year, which made this all possible and is something I sincerely appreciate.”
About Honda East: As a family owned and operated Ohio motorcycle dealer, Honda East's philosophy is to treat each customer like a family member, every visit. Our award-winning sales staff will strive to meet and exceed your expectations, whether you are purchasing a new vehicle, calling with a question, picking up a part, or just looking in our shop. Located in Northwest Ohio, Honda East is the #1 ranked dealership in both Ohio and Michigan; offering a full line of sport bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, ATVs, scooters, watercraft and snowmobiles not only by Honda, but Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Indian, Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Can-Am, Kymco, Bombardier, Polaris and Artic Cat. Honda East prides themselves on the best out the door deal, period. No games, no hassles.
About Yoshimura R&D of America: Yoshimura is “The Leader in Performance” and has been for more than 55 years. With unmatched skills, knowledge, and passion for racing, Yoshimura is on the forefront of the aftermarket exhaust industry. Yoshimura pipes are race bred and feature the same legendary performance, fit and quality that has been their trademark for more than five decades. To learn more about Yoshimura and view their wide variety of performance products, visit www.yoshimura-rd.com.
Witchkraft Racing would like to thank their 2014 sponsors: Pirelli Tires, MCJ Motorsports, GoPro, Riders Discount, Dynojet, Motul, Millennium Technologies, NGK, Chicken Hawk, Moto Liberty, RS Taichi, Shoei Helmets, Samco, WWB, Ballistic Performance and Motion Pro. Also Ohlins USA, Pit Bull, Sharkskinz, PopShadow Decals, MC Designs, Spider Grips, Hammer Nutrition, Performance Cycleworx, Andrew Swenson Designs and Dave Moss.
For more information on Honda East, visit hondaeast.com. For information on Yoshimura, visit yoshimura-rd.com. And for news on the race team, please visit witchkraftracing.com.
Photo by Lori Sparacio
Thank you to Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki, Pirelli, MCJ Motorsports, GoPro, Riders Discount, Dynojet, Motul, Millennium Technologies, NGK, Chicken Hawk, Moto-Liberty, RS Taichi, Shoei, Samco, Worldwide Bearings, Ballistic Performance, Motion Pro, Pit Bull, Sharkskinz, Andrew Swenson Designs, PopShadow Decals, MC Designs, Spider Grips and Hammer Nutrition.
The 2014 season isn't over, but I just wanted to reiterate how much all of this support has meant.
Things have been busy lately, sorry for the lack of updates. We've been working on bikes and babies. I missed out on the most recent round at PIRC, as Gina is about ready to pop with our second baby on the way. I wanted to go more than anything, as I love that track – but Gina has been having sciatic nerve issues and a hard time moving around much. So even with our little girl not arriving over the weekend, it was the right thing to do. It's the first event I've missed in quite some time. Thankfully everyone involved with the program was in agreement on the decision.
In missing that event, we still were able to win the WERA 750 Superstock and 1000 Superstock Championships. We had a shot at the two other championships (750 Superbike and Formula 1), but the bigger thing is that we will still have a decent grid position for the Grand National Finals later next month down at Barber.
They say clean bikes are happy bikes. Yoshimura posted the above photo to their Facebook page recently and it just hit 1500 likes. I suppose people appreciate keeping their bikes clean! Thanks to all the guys over there who have helped keep our bikes intact, even while some rider has gone throwing each bike down the road so far this season (Oops).
Special thanks also to Gil over at Attack Performance, as well as Riders Discount for tracking down and getting us parts we needed recently. They've been a big help this year. Also thanks to Geoff Maloney at GP Tech who has sent us a trick thumb rear brake to install – we just haven't had the time to get it mounted up yet. Thanks as well to Ballistic Performance for putting our bike on the cover of their website recently.
In other news, several of us have been bombing around at Windham Acres lately on the 100's and getting some cheap practice. Taylor (Knapp) came out recently and put all of us to shame, resetting the lap record by a good second. The above photo is my working to bridge the gap to that record. The gap is down to two tenths, or at least close enough where when Taylor comes back, he can reset it again. It's definitely good to keep the competitive juices flowing, while our group keeps working on our riding.
I think that's enough name drops for now. Some dirt bike videos and other stuff will be coming along, as we get prepared for the GNF in a little over a month.
Thanks for reading.
Thursday, August 7th, 2014
With rounds six and seven next up on the WERA schedule, we arrived at the Grattan ...
Wednesday, August 6th, 2014
From a press release issued by Honda East of Toledo:...
Thursday, July 17th, 2014
Mid-O. Ohhh Mid-O. Two years in a row now we've struggled here. Lack of track time has been an issue ...
Friday, July 11th, 2014
Going into the weekend, we had both Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki's ready, for the first time this season. I had been riding ...
Press Releases All
Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki Finishes Strong at WERA GNF
Monday, October 27th
Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki Win Four @ Grattan Raceway
Wednesday, August 6th
Sponsor News All
WERA ’14, Round 3 – Pittsburgh International (Brake Check)
Friday, July 11th
WERA ’14, Round 2 – Road Atlanta (Chasing Thousands)
Wednesday, June 11th
Monday, June 2nd
WERA ’14, Round 1 – Grattan CCW (Adjustments)
Sunday, May 11th
Thursday, April 17th
Itching and Itching
Wednesday, March 12th
GoPro and WKR (and Fruit!)
Thursday, January 30th
RS Taichi / Moto Liberty
Wednesday, January 15th
A Third Wrist Surgery
Friday, December 27th
Merry Christmas from WKR!
Friday, December 20th
- Motul Oil Q and A 54 comments
- WERA '10, Round 1: Nelson Ledges (Hammer Down) 19 comments
- WERA ‘10, Round 2: Grattan Raceway (Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This) 13 comments
- AMA Mid-Ohio Recap (Thur-Sun) 12 comments
- Representing at the AMA Mid-Ohio
Team Challenge 9 comments
- Giugliano Tops World Superbike FP3 In Qatar
- KTM North America Vice President Hagi Resigns
- Van Der Mark Continues To Set The Pace In FIM World Supersport FP2 At Losail
- Video: A Look Back At Marc Marquez And The Espargaro Brothers Road Racing Mini Bikes In 2001
- Recent Birth: Greyson Dale Greenwood
- Eugene Laverty Goes To The Top In World Superbike FP2 In Qatar
- Suzuki's Laverty Fastest In Second WSBK Practice At Qatar
- Promoter Steve McLaughlin Taking Over Daytona 200?
- Honda's Rea Fastest In First WSBK Session Under The Lights At Qatar
- Sykes? Rea? Naaa. More Evidence that MotoGP Promotes From Within
- From Dept of This Is Huge: MV Announces Relationship With Mercedes
- Stoner Tests Michelin Tires & '15 HRC Racer
- Qatar Rumored To Be Final Race For Hero EBR
- SouperPoll: Stoner vs Marquez. Which One Is Best?
- Giugliano bounces back as Guintoli out-paces Sykes
- Losail - Free practice results (3)
- Laverty moves quickest in FP2
- Losail - Free practice results (2)
- Rea fastest under the floodlights in Qatar
- Losail - Free practice results (1)
- Hernandez to ride Ducati GP14.2 in 2015
- Rossi: Stoner at Laguna my best battle
- Eslick wraps up Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series title in New Jersey, but not without a little drama
- Gillim claims first AMA Pro SuperSport title following epic battle with Dominguez
- Gagne continues his rise to the top by winning AMA Pro Road Racing GoPro Daytona SportBike championship
- Hayes adds to his legendary status with fourth AMA Pro Road Racing SuperBike title
- FansChoice.tv Tune-In Alert: Live streaming of today's AMA Pro Road Racing Awards Banquet at New Jersey Motorsports Park
- All's wheel that ends wheel: Hayes closes out 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing season with another victory in New Jersey