From a press release issued by Honda East of Toledo:
February 25th, 2014 – Maumee, OH – Honda East Suzuki of Toledo's rider Eddie Kraft will be competing on Yoshimura-backed 2014 Suzuki GSX-R750's in the upcoming season, racing in both WERA regional and WERA national events. Kraft enters the season with 19 regional championships, two National Championships and over 70 race wins. He most recently won the WERA North Central 600 Superstock, 600 Superbike, 750 Superstock and 750 Superbike Championships in 2013.
Honda East's Sales Manager Gabe Miller commented, "We're excited for another great year with Eddie and Witchkraft Racing, as we enter into our seventh year together. We're looking forward to providing an increased track presence for both the team and our dealership. We strive to offer the best pricing on all our OEM bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, generators and OEM parts. Our relationship with Eddie has paid off every year we've been together, and we’re ready to get rolling."
Senior Vice President Don Sakakura states, "Yoshimura R&D of America is proud to support Witchkraft Racing in their race campaign for 2014. The team will have Yoshimura’s championship-proven R-77 performance exhaust systems at their disposal, as well as a number of other Yoshimura performance hard parts and engine performance systems. With the team using the Suzuki GSX-R’s this year we feel they already have a head start."
"It's a new challenge I'm really excited about," said Eddie. "The Suzuki will provide a fresh outlook on our racing program and help us improve as a team. Honda East has really led the charge in making this transition happen with Suzuki and I can't thank them enough. These new bikes, together with Yoshimura backing is more than I could ask for. I've wanted to work with a company like Yoshimura for some time and to be able to have their support now is absolutely huge. I flat-out cannot wait to get started."
About Honda East: As a family owned and operated Ohio motorcycle dealer, Honda East's philosophy is to treat each customer like a family member, every visit. Our award-winning sales staff will strive to meet and exceed your expectations, whether you are purchasing a new vehicle, calling with a question, picking up a part, or just looking in our shop. Located in Northwest Ohio, Honda East is the #1 ranked dealership in both Ohio and Michigan; offering a full line of sport bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, ATVs, scooters, watercraft and snowmobiles not only by Honda, but Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Indian, Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Can-Am, Kymco, Bombardier, Polaris and Artic Cat. Honda East prides themselves on the best out the door deal, period. No games, no hassles.
About Yoshimura R&D of America: Yoshimura is “The Leader in Performance” and has been for more than 55 years. With unmatched skills, knowledge, and passion for racing, Yoshimura is on the forefront of the aftermarket exhaust industry. Yoshimura pipes are race bred and feature the same legendary performance, fit and quality that has been their trademark for more than five decades. To learn more about Yoshimura and view their wide variety of performance products, visit www.yoshimura-rd.com.
Witchkraft Racing would also like to thank their 2014 sponsors: Pirelli Tires, SportbikeTrackGear.com, MCJ Motorsports, Oakley, GoPro, Dynojet, Motul, Moto Liberty, RS Taichi, Shoei Helmets, NGK, Worldwide Bearings, Chicken Hawk Racing, Ohlins USA, Knox, Vesrah and Motion Pro. Also Performance Cycleworx, Pit Bull, Sharkskinz, Samco, Hammer Nutrition, Spider Grips, M.C. Designs and Andrew Swenson Designs.
For more information on Honda East, visit hondaeast.com. For information on Yoshimura, visit yoshimura-rd.com. And for news on the race team, please visit witchkraftracing.com.
I'm happy to announce we're with GoPro again for the upcoming season. They have really stepped up in helping us this year. We have some great things in store for video footage for the coming race season. One project they are helping us with will be capturing the work process we go through each year in building and preparing our race bikes. It'll be a fun project as we're putting the story boards (if that's what you call it) together for it now.
If you have any questions on the GoPro cameras, accessories, etc. Feel free to contact us. We've become pretty familiar with everything GoPro offers, over the past year. For more info, of course – visit GoPro.com.
I'm really fortunate to be wearing an RS Taichi suit again for the coming year. Thank you to Moto Liberty and RS Taichi Japan for making this happen. The Taichi line is super durable and extremely well made – you'll be hard-pressed to find anything nicer. It's the most rock-solid, crashworthy suit I've ever worn, and I've had a few. I wish I had started wearing an RS Taichi a few years earlier – it might have prevented a couple injuries.
You can find more info on the Taichi brand at Moto Liberty's site. Also info on SportbikeTrackGear.com's website as well. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them in the comments section below.
More news on sponsors and hopefully a bike in the near future. We still don't have one of those yet .. :)
Friday, December 27th, 2013
The latest news on the wrist isn't ideal. The above photo shows the x-ray right after the previous ...
Friday, December 20th, 2013
Merry Christmas from everyone here at Witchkraft Racing!
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
You know, I don't know why this bums me out. Whether it's all the media reports, or photos going around, I can't stop reading and being saddened ...
Monday, November 11th, 2013
Thursday, October 31st, 2013
Thanks to Chris and Lora Broome for their hospitality during our Barber trip this past week. We hung out the weekend before, ...
Press Releases All
EDDIE KRAFT TO COMPETE ON YOSHIMURA-BACKED SUZUKIS IN 2014
Tuesday, February 25th
Honda East’s Eddie Kraft Wins Six Races and Clinches WERA Championships at PIRC
Friday, September 13th
Sponsor News All
Quote of the Day
Monday, November 11th
WERA ’13, Grand National Finals – Barber
Thursday, October 31st
Wednesday, October 2nd
Wednesday, September 25th
Monday, September 16th
WERA ’13, Round 7&8 – PIRC (Near Perfect)
Tuesday, September 10th
WERA Grattan GoPro Videos
Tuesday, August 27th
Free Yamaha YZ/WR Demos
Thursday, August 22nd
WERA ’13, Round 4 & 5 – Grattan Raceway (My Nemesis & The BP Epiphany)
Thursday, August 15th
Windham Acres Summer Shandy Invitational
Thursday, August 8th
- Motul Oil Q and A 54 comments
- WERA '10, Round 1: Nelson Ledges (Hammer Down) 19 comments
- WERA ‘10, Round 2: Grattan Raceway (Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This) 13 comments
- AMA Mid-Ohio Recap (Thur-Sun) 12 comments
- Representing at the AMA Mid-Ohio
Team Challenge 9 comments
- Dan Cooper To Ride Tsingtao WK Racing Kawasaki In Isle Of Man TT
- Bautista Quickest On Second Day Of MotoGP Testing At Qatar
- Yamaha Previews 2014 Daytona 200 Week
- Peter Hickman To Make Isle Of Man TT Racing Debut
- Mojotown Partners With Brand Engine On New Project
- Yamaha Updates Super Ténéré For 2014, Brings Back SR400 For 2015
- Qatar MotoGP Test Day (Night) Two Quote Machine
- Forward's Esparago Fastest At Qatar Test Day (Night) One
- Tech 3 Yamaha Duo Pleased With Qatar Progress
- Pre-Order: Kawasaki KZ1000 Superbike Art Print
- Utah's Miller Gets Pro Superbike Round
- MotoGP's Cuban Missile Crisis
- He's On The Green Tire! New Colors For Bridgestones in MotoGP
- How Good Was Daytona In 1987? For Suzuki, It Was "In Tents"
- Qatar MotoGP test times - Sunday 7pm
- Smith 'excited' by improvements on penultimate day
- Bautista buoyed by top time in Qatar
- Ioda Racing hits back in Suter row
- Electrical gremlins leave Petrucci flummoxed
- Lack of rear grip still an issue for Bradl
- Qatar MotoGP test times - Saturday (Final)
- Bautista, Honda to the fore in Qatar
- AMA Pro Racing Announces New Structure For Board Of Managers
- Cardo scala rider and AMA Pro Racing Enter Third Year of Partnership for 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing Season
- The Best To Never Wear The Crown
- Back in the Saddle Again: Big Bikes Return to the DAYTONA 200
- Ranking The Top Ten SuperBike Champions - No. 1
- AMA Pro SuperBikes to Return to the DAYTONA 200 in 2015